In this second episode of the 2 part series, Kelly shares her own H&S educational, leadership and “all the rest” journey solo.
She talks about the role that education has in the H&S industry and to the anchor that a technical skill in safety has (recommendation:get it, then leave it alone – study something else or you will start frothing at the mouth!). She talks second hand economy, notes from 1999 and the magic of Millennials (that is, the Gen Y type – not the kiddy type).
What we talked about?
- Provan, D., Dekker, S. and Rae, D. (2017). Bureaucracy, influence and beliefs: A literature review of the factors shaping the role of a safety professional. Safety Science, 98 (2017) pp. 98-112.
- Safety Myth 101, Carsten Busch
- Safety I and Safety II The Past and Future of Safety Management
- Occupational Therapy Australia
- OHS Professional Magazine – quarterly magazine from the Safety Institute of Australia
- Social Sensemaking, Rob Sams